We are a young software company with a special interest in algorithms and their applications in different programming languages. Our company name is derived from Hylobatidae, the scientific name for gibbons, which stands for forest walker. For us, a gibbon swinging from tree to tree is somehow similar to a computer program traversing a forest of information.
What We Do
Typical problems we can provide either basic consulting, create detailed technical concepts or implement full solutions for are:
- Visual representation of data in 2D or 3D (either statically or time dependent)
- Processing data to bring it into a new form or to generate new data as a result
- Searching data for patterns, regularities / irregularities or other features
The data itself can come in different forms: as structured data, as text, as a DNA sequence, as numeric or image data, or in any other form. Such data processing can be important in very different areas:
- In (medical) imaging, data from physical measurements are transformed into 2D or 3D representations. The representations may be static or animated. Highlighting or removing features may be helpful for making certain things more visible.
- Processing images or image sequences can be used to analyze the motion of an ankle joint, the flow of the cytoplasm inside a living cell or the movement of the snow in an avalanche.
- When doing pattern recognition, a computer program does not just process single data points, but it tries to figure out what content the data points acutally transport. This can be useful when there is much more image data or acoustic data than can be checked by real persons.
What Else We Do
We also do some basic research and make interesting experiments in the area of pattern recognition for our own future products: In a playful manner, we explore methods and concepts described in the literature, implement our own versions and use them to solve prototypic problems:
A convolution of signal or image data can be performed to get spatially or in the time domain averaged values. This can be useful when trying to detect features that are distributed over many data points.
Image data transports content in a similar fashion as sound waves transport music. We are interested in transforming this raster representation in such a way that we can obtain the transported content as easy as possible.
Who We Are
Maria Palomino, Business Manager
At our company, Maria takes care of anything related to business, management and customer relationships. She worked for many years as a business consultant on international projects before.
Maria studied business administration and economics and she holds a M.A. from the University of Zurich.
Our Programming Team
All of our team members love programming and solving logical problems. In addition, sharing knowledge and insights is very important to us. Are you looking for an interesting job and would you like to join our team? Please contact us!
We periodically write a newsletter about current developments. If you are interested in our technology and would like to learn in more detail what we are doing, please send us your e-mail address.
You are looking for a solution in one of our areas of interest, i.e. data visualization, processing or analysis? Please get in touch with us using the form below. Alternatively, you can give us a call at +41 43 495 20 08.